What is RESEC?
- In 2005/6 a group of professionals (clinicians, commissioners, regulators, managers, academics, politicians) formed a Study Group at Green Templeton College, University of Oxford. Their aim was to explore how best to improve social care by research and teaching.
- In August 2006 this work gave birth to RESEC (Research in Specialist and Elderly Care) – which became a registered charity with the approved goals of – “The relief of sickness and the preservation and protection of health among the frail elderly and others with special care needs in particular but not exclusively by the provision of funding to support research into specialist and elderly care”.
- Since then, RESEC has formed multi disciplinary groups in Wales, Scotland, Cornwall, Devon, the West Midlands, the East Midlands, the North East and the North West; groups are developing in Merseyside and Warwickshire.
- RESEC has sponsored a Research Fellow at Green Templeton College – Dr G Evans (looking at the role of GPs in Care Homes)
- It facilitates a Learning Sets for managers in social care (in partnership with the National Skills Academy for Social Care)
- It holds regular Study Groups at Green Templeton College.
Copyright © RESEC 2017